In this post, we will look at which submissions are legal in the upcoming kid’s tournament in respect to arm locks and chokes. The included video shows some of these submissions.Full Post »
Mind, Body, Spirit
We seek to develop the mind, body and spirit of each student through a practical, effective, and creative martial art system called Mo Duk Pai.
Mo Duk Pai is a constantly evolving mixed martial art, based in tradition, but constantly evolving and adapting to any number of scenarios in the street, on the floor, or in a tournament. It emphasizes the use of necessary force, compassion and ethical behavior in any situation. It can be learned and applied by kids and adults over a broad spectrum of ages and physical types. Mo Duk Pai keeps what’s effective, discards what’s not, and brings in fresh techniques and philosophies with an open mind and spirit. In this way, Mo Duk Pai is always growing.
We currently have three schools in Portland, OR. to choose from, offering classes in Mo Duk Pai, as well as Capoeira, Crossfit, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and Systema. Find a school near you.
- Northeast Portland Martial Arts
- 728 NE Dekum St, Portland, OR 97211
503 530 0535
- Offers classes in Mo Duk Pai
- Southwest Portland Martial Arts
- 1509 SW Sunset Blvd., Suite B-1, Portland, OR 97239
503 432 7450
- Offers classes in Mo Duk Pai, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and Crossfit
- Southeast Portland Martial Arts
- 3228 SE 21st Ave., Portland, OR, 97215
503 772 0600
- Offers classes in Mo Duk Pai, Systema and Capoeira
- Upper Westside Play Gym
- 1509 SW Sunset Blvd., Unit 1-G, Portland, OR 97239
- Offers classes in Mo Duk Pai for ages 3 – 6
This is the second post in a series in which we are going over rules for the upcoming kid’s tournament. In the first video, we talked about how students might be either grappling for position or submission.Full Post »
I will be making a series of posts over the next few weeks talking about the rules of the upcoming kid’s tournament. The purpose is to help students, helpers, parents, and coaches understand what they are preparing for.Full Post »
What should kids and parents who are coming to the tournament expect? How should they choose what events to participate in and what to skip? What are the events and rules?Full Post »